News & Media
Fox 5 Atlanta news tells the story of Tim Smith
Dr. Scott Miller featured in Fox 5 Atlanta news segment
During an annual physical two years ago, Lutz’s physician suggested he undergo a PSA test to screen for prostate cancer. The test revealed that he had elevated PSA levels, a key indicator of prostate cancer, and follow-up examinations confirmed the diagnosis. Fortunately, the cancer was caught early and Lutz was an ideal candidate for minimally invasive, robot-assisted surgery to remove the prostate gland.
In the segment, Lutz shares just how happy he was with the process and results of this procedure. “I read all these stories about the negative side effects of prostate removals,” Lutz said. “But, I’m going to tell you something, 6 or 7 weeks after the surgery, I had no side effects whatsoever. Everything worked correctly!”
Learn more about Karl Lutz’s story and hear more of Dr. Miller’s recommendations about screening for prostate cancer below or by clicking here!
This incredible event is jam-packed with special guests, awesome entertainment, and delicious food. But, most importantly, it’s all for a great cause. Here are just a few of the many reasons you should work this benefit luncheon into your busy schedule:
- Witness Live Performances – Sit back and relax while the Blue Ties Luncheon provides live performances by artist Jared Emerson and musical act Harold Holloway & Co. Witness Jared Emerson construct one of his mesmerizing works of art right before your eyes and hear the sweet, soulful sounds of Harold Holloway & Co.
- Enjoy Delicious Food – Who can pass up an opportunity to indulge in the Ritz-Carlton’s infamously delicious food? A three course, sit-down lunch is provided at this event. You won’t want to miss what’s on this year’s menu!
- Be Inspired by William King – William King, a founding member of the iconic American funk/soul band The Commodores, will speak about his personal journey overcoming prostate cancer. Hearing his first-hand account of struggle and perseverance is a can’t-miss opportunity.
- Hear Legendry NFL Coach Dan Reeves Speak – Dan Reeves — who has coached the Denver Broncos, New York Giants, and the Atlanta Falcons — will be the keynote speaker for the luncheon. Reeves will share his experience coaching a record nine Super Bowls. Football fans and novices alike are sure to enjoy his remarks!
- Help Fight Prostate Cancer – About 1 in 29 men will die from prostate cancer every year. With this in mind, the main mission of this event is to help raise awareness and educate the public on the importance of early prostate cancer detection. We think this makes it the most important reason to attend the 2017 Blues Ties Luncheon benefiting ProstAware.
So, what are you waiting for? Grab your tickets for this exciting event and join our fight against prostate cancer!